Q How are the Admissions at AHIS processed?
The admissions process comprises the following stages:
- Obtaining the ‘Application for Admission’ form from Avalon Heights International School
- Submitting the duly completed ‘Application for Admission’ form and supporting documents to Avalon Heights International School and paying the Registration Fee
- Appearing for the admission test as required
- Participating in the interaction with parents and / or students as requested
- Communicating admission decision to parents
Q Where can I obtain the Application form from? What documents and payments are to be attached while submitting the form?
Application for Admission
- The 'Application for Admission' form can be obtained from the school's Admissions Office on payment in cash
- The duly completed 'Application for Admission' form for must be submitted to the Admissions Office on or before the last date stipulated
- The following documents are required to be attached with the 'Application for Admission' form
- One certified true copy of each of the School Reports of the last three years (wherever applicable)
- One certified true copy of the child's Birth Certificate
- Registration Fee by way of a cheque or demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Avalon Heights International School', and payable at Mumbai
- Copies of documents may be certified by a notary public, a gazetted officer or the principal of the school. Wherever a photocopy is submitted, the original document should be made available upon request
Q What are the Eligibility criteria to secure Admission to AHIS?
For admission to Jr. KG at Avalon Heights International School, the eligibility criterion is that the child was born has completed 4 years of age on or before 31st July 2016
- For admission to Sr. Kg and above the School Report / Passing Certificate issued by the previous school / education board will be deemed the documentary evidence of having completed the preceding class. The certified true copies of School Reports / Passing Certificates for the last three years (wherever applicable) must be submitted along with the 'Application for Admission' form
Q Is there a written test to be given prior to Admission? If yes, how will it be conducted?
All applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed by the school will be invited for the admission test. With respect to Jr. Kg applicants, through a meeting with our Primary School faculty members, the school would like to have the benefit of meeting each child in a comfortable, informal and child-friendly setting and give him / her the opportunity of getting a sense of the school environment.
The admission tests will consist of written tests combining objective questions, multiple choice answers and written descriptive responses. The duration of the tests and subjects tested will be as follows:
|Grades – I to III||1.5 hours||English, Maths, Hindi|
|Grades – IV and above||3 hours||English, Hindi, Maths & Science|
* The test duration may be altered without prior notice.
Q Once the written test is appeared for, what will be the next step?
Interaction with Parents and Students
- Applicants will be shortlisted post the admission test.
- Thereafter, parents of shortlisted children, accompanied by the children, will be invited to the school for an interaction with members of the Admissions Committee.
Q How will the final Admission decision be communicated?
- The Admissions Committee shall prepare a list of applicants, from among the applicants who participated in the interaction, to whom the decision would be intimated
- The decision of Avalon Heights International School's Admissions Committee as to the applicants to whom the offer is to be made will be final and no correspondence or discussion on the matter will be entered into
Acceptance of Admission
Q What is the process to be followed once the Admission is confirmed?
Submission of the duly completed and signed Agreement Form, along with all of the relevant documents, within the specified deadline, and in the manner specified, to Avalon Heights International School.
- Original Birth Certificate if the child is entering Jr.Kg, Sr.Kg or Grade I
- Applicable Fees and other expenses
- Original Transfer Certificate from the school last attended
- Certified true copy of the school report / pass certificate issued by the previous School / education board evidencing successful completion of the preceding class
- Medical Report signed and stamped by a Medical Practitioner
- If, for any reason, the original Transfer Certificate cannot be produced at the time of admission, it must be produced on or before commencement of classes
- The Agreement Form, to be signed by parents, seeks to confirm, among other things, the parents' financial responsibilities to the school, an agreement that they and the child will conform to the Regulations of the school in force from time to time, and that the school will not be liable for any damages or charges on account of injuries sustained by the child during his / her stay at the school