AVALON ACADEMY a division of ED-INVENT has always preferred the path less traveled,it has Aspired,Attempted and Achieved. Thus over the decade, that we have explored and experimented, we now feel ready and equipped to start an Early Childhood Care and Education course for individuals interested in becoming future preschool teachers. In today's world, with the number of schools opening up, the need for early childhood educators is on the rise. Thus, a program tailored to equip teachers for moulding young minds will meet the need of the hour.
Further, we believe that a good pre-primary education/teacher is a key to develop the future generation in early years.
Philosophy - The program promotes the fundamental belief that the goal of early childhood is to meet the developmental needs of young children through appropriate practices and services. If young children are appropriately nurtured in the early years, the same young individuals will become healthy,contributing adults to society.
Our Motto - Aspire, Attempt and Achieve
Our Vision - The vision of the program is that all students - teachers become reflective practitioners and professional leaders who have the knowledge, skills and dispositions that positively contribute to the lives of the young children.
Broad spectrum objectives of the course:
- To provide knowledge and an understanding of principles of early childhood care and education and to develop insights and techniques required in working with children
- To impart intense practical training to prepare students in the skills require to plan, organize, and implement the teaching learning activities, materials and curriculum
- To develop skills in observing , recording and interpreting children's behaviour and interaction with the environment
- To enable them to design, implement and evaluate a child-centered and play-based curriculum
- To foster among students the attitude, work ethic, values and skills required to be a good teacher
- To provide students with every opportunity to discover and develop their potential as creative teachers
- Curriculum based on the latest researchers world-wide
- Workshop/seminars with renowned faculty in the field of early childhood care and education
- Hands-on practice and learning
- Use of advanced technology for curriculum delivery
- Co-operative learning
- Excellent faculty
- International Placements for students
Eligibility - Minimum qualifications required is 10+2(H.S.C) or is equivalent to minimum 50% marks. Students awaiting results are also eligible. Admission for them will be provisional till the declaration of results and subsequent submission of the marksheet. Language fluency is also mandatory.
Selection criteria - Students will be selected for admission on the basis of merit as determined by selection tests(comprehension, general awareness, communication) and interview.
Employment opportunities include the following settings:
- Day care center
- Designing educational material
- Working with children's media
- Working with NGO's